In Winter our bodies prefer to store energy. For this season a black bean soup is perfect. Not just because of the delicious flavors, but also because is has a function in this season; to regenerate and nourish you.
Ingredients black bean soup
• Homemade Beef Broth (see our Bone Broth Article)
• 750 Grams of black beans (soak overnight in cold water)
• 1 Large yellow onion, finely chopped
• 1 Red pepper, finely chopped
• 4 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
• Olive oil
• Sea salt
• Black pepper
• 4 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
Recipe black bean soup
Fry the onion, pepper and garlic in the olive oil in a large pan, add the black beans and pour the broth. Beans have to be two centimeters under the stock.
Simmer until all beans are fully cooked and soft. It may be that you have to add every now and then some extra broth.
Add in the end some apple cider vinegar and season the soup to taste with sea salt and fresh black pepper.
Garnish with finely chopped onion, red pepper and some sour cream.
Find more recipes here.
Share this Post